1924 to focus on wartime procurement and mobilization procedures. The first class at the Army Industrial College had only nine students, but by the early 1930s the college was graduating 40 national security strategy 2015 pdf 50 students in each class.
During the first three years, the college provided a five-month course of study. In 1927, the program was expanded to ten-months with one graduating class each year. 1933 and later served on the faculty. In 1940, the colleges expanded to two classes and then graduated four classes in 1941. By that time approximately 1,000 officers had been trained at the college.
The college re-opened in December 1943. In 1946, the school’s name was changed to the Industrial College of the Armed Forces. The Industrial College offered a ten-month academic program for selected high potential officers. Army’s jurisdiction and reconstituted it “as a joint educational institution under the direction of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Display dedicated to alumnus Dwight D. ICAF moved into a newly constructed facility, Eisenhower Hall in 1960. During the next several years the character of ICAF changed dramatically. ICAF shifted from focusing on national industrial mobilization to educating leaders to manage logistical resources in such conflicts. Student demographics changed, with the first woman and African American students graduated in 1973. In response the college expanded its curriculum, adding a joint operations module and a mandatory acquisition course.